Travis and Becky Fletcher: First Blog

Sunday, September 11, 2005

First Blog


Is it possible to have a blog without any children? The only blogs I have been to are those of married people with children, but I figure I should jump on the bandwagon anyway. Wedding arrangements are well underway, and our biggest concern right now is entertaining the idea of having a 22 year old flower girl. Any thoughts? In other news, life is kinda rough for Travis and I right now, because he lives 10 hours away in Fort MacMurray. It's hard to be a good fiancee and encourage him while he's on his year long co-op for Suncor Oil. We are both very tense and lonely, and, unfortunately, we end up taking it out on each other. But we do love each other very much, and we only fight because we can't be together. Since moving, Travis had "rediscovered" the joy of computer gaming! Every time i call him (free through skype.com), he is playing WOW, or World of Warcraft to those of us not "up" on computer lingo. That or CS:S, or Counter-Strike Source to the rest of us. I think he is on the computer almost 24/7, literally. He wakes up, goes to work, sits in his cubicle in front of a computer for 9 hours, then comes home and plays WOW for another 10 hours, usually until 2:00 in the morning(waking up at 6:00am). Some days, he'll take a break for supper. Sometimes he takes a break to talk to me, sometimes he just tries to play discretely without me finding out and getting mad. All I hear about from him are the "Quests" he goes on in WOW. He is a computer science major and sadly, I am typing this with incorrect fingers, which is a huge pet peeve to him. Life is great when we are together, which is only about every other weekend. I love him soo much, and it's so hard to show him how happy he makes me and to tell him how amazing he really is, when he is so far away, and when we only get to talk to each other about an hour a day. Only 271 days until eternal bliss!! (Compared to this, anyway). As for me, I just started my second and last year of Interior Design at LCC on Wednesday, and it seems like this semester will be alright. I was supposed to have Fridays off, which would have been amazing, because then i could go see Travis every other weekend, which he also has Fridays off, but noooo, they had to go and change my schedule on me. I now have Thursdays off, but what good is that if I have to come back to school on Friday? I am hoping that school will make this year go fast, maybe, before you know it, it will be Christmas, and then after that, before you know it, school will be over, Travis will be back and then BAM! A month later we are married! Thanks for checking our new blog, everybody!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! »

8:28 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home