Travis and Becky Fletcher: This is the man of my dreams....

Sunday, September 11, 2005

This is the man of my dreams....


This is Travis Lyle Fletcher. He is funny, smart, loving, hot, giving, caring, handsome, talkative, full of faith and love for God, cuddly, hot, and not to mention good looking. Did I tell you he's the man of my dreams? He is the greatest example for me of how God is watching out for me and knows me inside and out. Travis fulfills all the things I ever wanted in a future husband, all the things I didn't know I ever wanted, and the things I didn't want, but God knows and has shown me that they make me a better person and us a better couple. I hope that made sense. Travis knows how to calm me down, and how to push my buttons. He is a great listener and an ever better talker. I have not always been good at putting my thoughts into words, and Travis has helped me accomplish that. He is.... thrifty, which I am not, and I know I will need to work on, he is very computer savvy, which, who couldn'y use a little help with these things? He is also good with cars, which will help us save money when our cars break down, especially if he still has his Camaro in a few years. Us city girls are clueless when it comes to fixing cars, or anything else. Travis is very outgoing, and, for those of you who know me, know I am the opposite of outgoing, but I have seen a change in myself over the past 3 years in that aspect as well. If I'm afraid of a certain situation, which happens often, Travis will tell me to basically suck it up and try it. Life isn't so scary, after all! Travis went to Capernwray Hall, England, and as a result is a fountain of knowledge and strength. He is the best friend I ever had, and ever will have in my life. He makes me laugh even when I don't want to. I made the mistake of teaching him the few Dutch phrases that I know. One of which Dad always did when I was young to make me laugh when I was mad at him, and I know I'm butchering the spelling but this is how it sounds, "laugh-us at my deinchess", which means "laugh at my thumb". He also loves to point out Dutch phrases that I didn't know were Dutch, like the "cuppie", the end of a loaf of bread, "dukie", or cloth, and saying "ooooo ahhhhh" when you hug someone. I honestly thought everyone did that! Travis is very involved in the Wedding planning, which I greatly appreciate, but which is hard at the same time because of distance. Sometimes I just forget to tell him things that I am planning, like booking the Limousine while he was in Disney Land 2 weeks ago. Lucky Duck, by the way. Travis provides calm in the storm, excitement in the prairies, and strength for my weaknesses. Actually, during a storm Travis isn't the most calm one, he loves excitement. He would make a great storm chaser. He was on a cruise to the carribbean last Christmas with his family, and during a storm when everyone was in their beds seasick, Travis was out getting a plate full of Lobster tails to bring back for everyone. He is so romantic, I need to make a blog about how he proposed one of these days, but that's a whole blog in itself. He is also the hottest man alive. I love his blue eyes, which I hope our babies get, his gorgeous smile which lights up any room, his hair, his nose, his build, and his stature, which he is self conscious about, but I love his height because it's basically the same as mine which makes him perfect for kissing. Travis, you are my knight in shining armour, and you make me the happiest girl alive. Thank you for being you, and making me a better me. I love you so much!

2 Comments:

Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

I hate when Spammers send comments. Cuz your'e like YES! People are reading my Blog. But then you check and it's like. Wha...? LAME...SPAM!!! SO here's a real comment from someone who loves you and thinks your Blog is great. Keep the posts coming. I love you!

9:56 a.m.  
Blogger Manda said...

Becky, believe it or not its nice to read about something other than kidduns. I'm so excited for you and Travis to get married. All this 'hot' talk though. Someone needs a cold shower :-) ~love you sis

2:33 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home