Travis and Becky Fletcher: Engagement party!

Friday, September 16, 2005

Engagement party!



Two weeks ago today, we finally had our engagement party. It has been so hard to have one, because Travis has been gone since a week after we got engaged, and the weekends he comes down we are so busy with everything else.

It turns out my best friend Tiff has been trying to co-ordinate with Travis this whole time to plan one as a surprise for me, but I surprised her and asked her to help me plan the party as a surprise for Travis. And Tiff, a little secret, I knew all along that you and Travis were planning that, and I didn't have the heart to tell you. I'm sorry, but I've always been good at figuring secrets out. I don't think there has been one Christmas or Birthday in my life when I haven't known what I was getting.

On to the party, we had it at Travis' house, BBQ style, and very laid back. It was supposed to be a surprise for Travis, but he kept insisting that we "go to the farm!", and I was forced to tell him that we had to wait until 6:30 to go, so he started to suspect something, but wasn't sure of what. We had a BBQ and just hung out with our friends and family. The party was also a birthday party for Travis, since his Birthday was 2 days before, so we had a gift opening in which Travis received a total of 8 shirts and a pair of jeans! I don't think he has ever gotten that many clothes in one day in his life. (my ideal birthday). I think we all know how frugal he is, and now that he wears button up shirts every day, we all figured he needed some more.

The highlight of the evening was the fireworks. I think Justin Duban (Trav's best man) brought them, and when the sun had set we lit them and had our own fireworks show. The funniest part was when Travis yelled to Derek, who was lighting the fireworks, "just don't be scared Derek", as he was running away.

The party turned out great, and Travis was relatively surprised. The only set-back is that my dear sisters, Christy and Amanda, could not come. I miss them so much and wish they could be there. I also wish they could live close to me in this changing time of my life, and be able to help with my wedding planning as I did with theirs. I love you guys so much, and I have the best bridesmaids in the world! (you too, Tiff)

2 Comments:

Blogger Manda said...

I'm so glad that you guys had a good engagement party and that Trav got some new shirts! I know about being married to a frugal man, believe me. I miss you too and please let me know if I can help with anything even if it is long distance.
Love you becka-Manda

3:24 p.m.  
Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

I wish I could have been there too! Maybe someday after you guys are married and settled we will be able to see a bit more of each other. I love you Beck. You guys look HOT in that picture.

11:31 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home