Travis and Becky Fletcher: Competition: On

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Competition: On

As you all know, I have a beloved bijon-frise/shih-tzu 6 year old puppy. She can be snobby, especially to kids and other animals, and does not come when called. She knows lots of cool tricks, however. She plays dead when you "shoot" her, she can dance, sit, sit pretty (on hind legs), walk (on hind legs), and even jump through hoops! She gets soo excited when you come home, especially from long trips, and she mopes around when I'm not home. She doesn't cuddle all that much, but she keeps your feet warm when you sleep. She begs at the table if she is not confined in her "chair" (the small foamy fuzzy kind you give your kids), but she knows "amen" and knows it means she can come and get some scraps. She really loves to be pet, and she warms my heart up.



















As you now know as well, Travis and I have a new addition to our family. Toby is the cuddliest kitty ever. He shows so much affection, and is becoming more and more comfortable with us as time goes by. He purrs non-stop. He does tend to hide under the bed and get a little skiddish, but he is getting better and he does not scratch you or get scared if you nicely take him out from under the bed. He gets the most hyper right before bed, playing with his ball and mouse on a string. I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing yet. It's good for Trav right now, because that is his most awake time as well, but when we get married it might keep us awake when we are trying to sleep.














Now the question is... What do we do when these two combine?? Do we keep both? I love them both to pieces and this is the best case scenario, but I know the two will not get along. Do you think they will get used to each other? Or do you think it will be a living hell in our household (or apartment or townhouse, or whatever we can find that allows pets)? I'm sure mom wouldn't mind keeping Nikita, as the house will be empty when I leave, but... I want her if I can! So, what is your opinion? We will try and introduce the two a few times before we get together, but I don't think Nikita will change. I think it will depend on Toby's personality, and how he reacts to other animals. If he is calm, and not in her face, if they give each other their own space, I think it might work.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

Let poor momma keep Kita! You're going to leave her and take her dog too?! You can still see Nikita when you go visit but just shower your love on your new kitty.

2:21 p.m.  
Blogger Becky said...

Well she is my dog... but I know what you mean... we'll see if she means it that she wants me to take her. She said that again today!

6:13 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home