Travis and Becky Fletcher: First Christmas Tree!!!

Friday, November 11, 2005

First Christmas Tree!!!






As most of you know, I'm at Travis' apartment in Fort McMurray right now!! Why am I taking the time to blog now? Because we just set up our first christmas tree together and lights outside! Travis and I had so much fun together. Picking out everything, spending too much money, good times. Here are some pictures of our beautiful winter wonderland tree.

This is the first time coming to Trav's apartment here, and I am very impressed! It's MUCH better than when he was staying in the college residence, or "purple palace".... palace my butt... I dont know if I could have lived there.. many unknown smells.

We went to the SPCA today to buy a kitty for Trav. They had the cutest, cuddliest cats and kitties there. We were going to get one, but they were pretty expensive, and we wouldn't be able to take it home today!! Stupid adoption process! So we kinda gave up on the idea for now.. The kitties were honestly soo nice!! Some actually jumped into your arms wanting you to take them home! The one I wanted was still little, about 5 months old, black, and purred and cuddled with you as soon as you picked him up. I still want to go back and take him home. I feel bad for the little critters with no home. I did rescue a kitty today!!! I heard a noise like nails on metal, and I thought one of the cats was scratching on the bottom of his cage. When I went to investigate, I saw a bit of fur sticking out from in between the cages!! There is only like a 2 inch gap between them and you can't get it from the sides or bottom so he obviously fell in from the top and was all wedged inside there!! We called the lady over and we had to all quickly pull away some cages and pull them apart!! It was scary for a bit there!! But we saved the little guy! We think he had just fell in there then, but the lady said he was missing the day before, and he sure was hungry when we got him out!! It was the saddest sight. But we got him out.

Travis decided to let one of the older cats out of it's cage, and it was one of the terriorial ones. It attacked another kitty and Travis had to break them up, resulting in some scratches (actually some deep gashes) on his hand. Poor guy took one for the team.

OK Travis want to show me world of warcraft now, so I will go watch. Wish us luck for going to the pet store tomorrow!! Maybe there will be some kitties there calling our name.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

I can't wait to pick out our tree and set it up. Yours looks great. A bit early though no? I suppose it's one of the only opportunities you'll have together in Ft.McSucky to set it up together. I'm so glad you guys have this weekend together.

8:50 a.m.  
Blogger Becky said...

Yeah, it is our only opportunity before Christmas.. I guess I forgot to say that..

5:38 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home