Travis and Becky Fletcher: Happy Valentines Day to us.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentines Day to us.

So, Valentines Day has come and gone (almost). Our first, and only, Valentines Day as an engaged couple. As I sit here, I have so much to look forward to. There's the wedding planning, which, when I have time to do it, I am enjoying thouroughly! Then, there's the end of school, FOREVER!! And quickly thereafter, TRAVIS COMES HOME!!! And of course, only a month and a week after that, we get MARRIED!! Can you believe it's only 115 days away?? I sure can't. Thats only 15 days away from what I said would be the PANIC POINT!! When we first got engaged, I remember saying to Travis, when we had 400 days to go, that when the countdown was down to 100 days left, that I would be panicked. And that most things should be done by then. Well, most things aren't done! I am not panicked yet, but a bit stressed. I know it will all come together, and the important thing is that we are getting married that day. Everything else is just extras. Although I would love the gorgeous wedding I have dreamed of ever since I was 6 and held my t-shirts on my head like a veil, and paraded around my room being a bride, and always "marrying" my barbies (which I played with far too long). Although I only had girl barbies, so one of the girls had to pretend to be a boy. Mom thought it was bad to have boy barbies... Who knows why. All that to say I want a nice wedding, as anyone does. But for cheap!!

Anyways, I just wanted to say a little something about my Valentine. He put up with my whining to buy me an engagement ring for at least 2 years before he finally caved. He kept telling me that the time would come and that I would forget about the long wait. Well, Travis, you were right. Always the level-headed one, that guy. This wait, too, shall pass, and when it is over we will say again how quickly this year has passed. To tell you the truth, it has already gone by very quickly. Can you beleive it has already been 9 and a half months? Just 2 and a half to go for that countdown! Travis is an unbeleivably romantic guy. He really is. I grew up watching my dad be the least romantic a guy could ever be. I mean, he bought my mom a toilet seat, a tool belt, and a GUN for christmas and birthday gifts!! Can you believe that?? Mom NEVER EVER gets flowers, except on secretaries day, when she gets the leftovers from dad's office. That poor girl! In the 3 and a half years Travis and I have been together, he has blessed me with flowers on quite a few occasions, surprise treasure hunts, thoughtful gifts, fancy dates, love letters, mix cd's, and not to mention THE BEST PROPOSAL EVER!! He is a great, sensitive guy, with great looks, to boot! I hope our kids get his handsome baby blues. And his big heart, and thirst for knowledge and faith. I look up to him so much. So far, about half of our relationship has been long distance, and I cannot wait for this stage of our lives to be taken over by the wonderful world of marriage. A world where we can be with each other as much as we like, and not have to say goodbye, even at night. A world where there are fights, but there are new happy times. So many new things to learn about my Trav. Does he hog the bed? Does he keep the house clean? Does he snore? I have heard him talk, or rather yell, in his sleep, when we stayed at Dan and Amanda's house, all together in the basement. To fill you in, he even dreams about computer games!!! I also know that Travis falls asleep very quickly. He calls the couch at my house the "sleepy couch", and almost as soon as he lays down on it, he is twitching while he falls asleep. Will I find these traits annoying or endearing? Will I get sick of being woken up by screams about comptuer games, twitching, and having to wash the pillowcases twice as much because of all the drool? Or will I find these traits cute and loveable, and keep a journal of all the things he says in his sleep? Only time will tell, I guess. Travis, I love you so much and can't wait for 75+ years of married Valentines days. You are my perfect match. And I thank God for you every day.

5 Comments:

Blogger Angella said...

That was a really sweet post. I remmeber the agony of wanting to be married already...it's WORTH THE WAIT!!
:)

8:19 a.m.  
Blogger nelly said...

ahhh, it sure is worth the wait, Love you Mom

6:50 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your dad doesn't read your blog:) Or maybe he will get the hint and start thinking about his OWN relationship-- and stop worrying about OTHER People's:) ha haa. And then maybe your mom will get some flowers!! Haa

12:57 p.m.  
Blogger Jen said...

It is worth the wait and the times does fly by SOOO quickly. Enjoy every second. :)

1:33 p.m.  
Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

Almost there Beck! Every passing second brings the day that much closer.

6:04 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home