Travis and Becky Fletcher: Update

Monday, June 25, 2007

Update

We just found out on friday that Travis got the job at Captaris!! Yay! It was a good thing, because he spent almost a whole month going through the interview process, only working (building playgrounds) for about a week of that. So he starts next Tuesday. Captaris is actually really close to my work, so, depending on what time he works, we might be able to carpool! And it will really help with eventually buying a house, rather than having jobs on opposite ends of the city and deciding who gets to drive longer to work.

I am so anxious for the next stage in our lives.... Homeownership. We just need to get Travis' student line of credit payed off and save some money. Hopefully that will be motivation enough to live cheaper! I heard on the radio that Calgary is starting to become a buyers market! The houses are still very expensive, but there are enough on the market now that the houses are actually worth their selling price, and people can't just charge any rediculous price. Let's hope this trend continues for a few months!

7 Comments:

Blogger Professor Howdy said...




Very good work!
Congratulations...



8:12 p.m.  
Blogger Janice said...

Hey thats good to hear! Congrats!

5:04 p.m.  
Blogger Courtney said...

I'm really excited that Travis got a job at Captaris! That means we will know someone at the Christmas Party! haha. It will be fun.

6:56 p.m.  
Blogger The Beer's said...

I'm glad you feel my pain of living with boxes and I hope you guys are able to get a house soon!!

8:57 p.m.  
Blogger Alexa said...

Becky! How did you make such an amazing background for your blog??

3:23 p.m.  
Blogger lisa_0311@hotmail.com said...

Becky!!! It's been 3 months since this blog!!! Time for an update of what's going on in your life...!!
How are you and Travis liking Calgary? Hey - I wanted to do a trip to Calgary one of these weekends for some shopping - we should meet up for a bellini @ moxies!! Let me know what your number is! Hope your well. xoxo Lisa

7:55 p.m.  
Blogger The Beer's said...

Becky... thanks for the advice. You would be a good person to talk to about this thing. I did make sure to paint before carpet... I would have definately driped on new stuff. I wish I had more before pictures... the bedrooms had pictures painted by children ON THE WALLS... pretty well impossible to get rid of!!

2:57 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home