Travis and Becky Fletcher: Slacker

Friday, November 18, 2005

Slacker

Sometimes, when I'm doing the rounds of checking and re-checking everyone's blogs I think to myself "Why can't these people blog more?? SLACKERS!!" But then, I try to remember the last time I myself have blogged. Why is it that we expect everyone else to blog daily when we don't do it ourselves? My lack of blogging is due to a lack of things to write about. My days consist of checking blogs, school, homework, and... talking to Travis. Other than that, nothing really goes on! Nothing too interesting, anyway.

Today I had class from 10 - 1, then I came home to tend to my poor mommy who had her gall bladder removed yesterday. We watched "Fever Pitch" with Drew Barrymore and I did negative homework. I still haven't. I am very good at convincing myself out of things.. In the morning when my alarm goes off I constantly tell myself that I can get ready a little quicker, and allow myself those 9 more minutes of precious, precious sleep. I do this many times each morning, so I end up just setting my alarm half an hour early just so I can do this to myself. As a result of doing that over a few years, I don't even hear my alarm anymore for the first few times! I shut it off automatically in my sleep! So now I have to set my clock alarm half an hour early, and also set my cell-phone alarm for when I actually have to wake up. Most of the time I don't even realise that my alarm has been going off for half an hour already, and don't trust it to go off the one more time I allow myself. So I lay there for the extra 5 minutes or so worrying that my clock alarm won't go off one more time, and that I will fall back into a deep sleep and mis my class, because I don't even know if it has gone off already. (if any of that made sense to any of you, it's a miracle... I think I MIGHT be rambling.)

I am a die-hard procrastinator, and can easily convince myself that I "deserve" to take a few hours, or a night, off of homework. I do too much of it, anyway. (Prime example: today)

That is my nonsense post for the day. Hope you enjoyed it, and I hope you made sense of it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie and Brad said...

Becky, my days sound exactly the same..school, homework, check blogs..check blogs..talk to Brad. that's about it! AND I totally do the set the alarm half an hour early thing. I always hit the snooze button three times or else it's not possible for me to get out of bed!! It's a hard life being a student, what can I say!

12:27 a.m.  
Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

My alarm clocks climb into bed with me in the morning and sit on me till I get outta bed. You should get that kind. It works well. You'll NEVER sleep through it. Only it doesn't shut off until you go to bed again at night so there's no hope of doing anything other than trying to get the snooze button to work all day.

10:28 a.m.  
Blogger Jen said...

Hahaha. Good comment Christy. :) That cracked me up.

6:36 p.m.  
Blogger Janice said...

Hey thanks for checking out my blog, sometimes i think i am the only one looking at it:) Congrats on your engagement! It is so exciting planning a wedding! You guys are cute together!!

8:47 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home