Travis and Becky Fletcher: My habits:

Friday, December 02, 2005

My habits:

I was inspired by Christy to write a post about my embarassing habits. Here goes.

I like to have all the things I use daily VISIBLE, and within reach. This includes all my makeup, face wash, etc. etc. To the utter disgust of my mother. I finally have everything in its place right where I like it and then... It all gets shoved into the drawer and spills everywhere or set against the wall... That is not where I like it! I tell myself that when I have my own house I will keep it neat and tidy like Tiff's house, but I know that won't last long.

I, too, live out of a laundry basket. The clothes in there are the clothes I like, and like to wear, which is why they were being washed in the first place. The stuff in my closet gets forgotten.

When I get changed, I throw my clothes on a chair, and they stay there. I have good intentions of wearing them again, or putting them away, but then they get wrinkly and I put them in the wash, which leads me to my next point:

Sometimes I put things in the laundry just because they are wrinkly, and I dont feel like ironing them. Many times it is shirts I put on in the morning but change my mind in 5 seconds. Sometimes I also put things in the laundry pile (yes, mom still soo nicely does my laundry) when they need to be mended. I forget to do it myself and then they get washed, put back in my room, and when I go to put it on again I realise it's not fixed and... put it back in the laundry pile... its a vicious cycle.

I many times wear the same thing 2 days in a row, if I will see different people (ie school vs. work). I wear the same pair of jeans almost every day. I love them.

I no longer bite my nails, but did for years. Now I pick at my hangnails and make them worse.

I set my alarm half an hour to an hour early so I can press it a few times and feel like I get more sleep, although I actually get less. I am also paranoid that my alarm won't go off so I set both my radio alarm and cell phone alarm.

I don't pick my nose, but I pick the wax out of my ears.. Pretty gross, isn't it? I also pop my zits and blackheads, as well as Travis', if he will let me. I like to pick out the ingrown hairs from his beard and my legs. (he does the same to me, but not my beard...)

Speaking of beards.. I have 2 chin hairs!! ahh and they scare me!! I keep a close eye on them and make sure they don't grow so much that people will see them! But now you all know about them so what the heck?

I RARELY shave my legs especially in the winter, but always shave my armpits.. Even in the winter when I always wear long sleeved shirts!

I procrastinate on everything.. Homework, waking up, cleaning, you name it.

I say I will go places with groups of people and then don't. I know this is horrible of me, but I feel bad saying no in the first place, even though I know in the end I will be too busy or just not feel like it when the time comes. I do not do this, however, with my close friends.

I am forgetful. Especially when it comes to remembering to bring stuff for people.

I would love to not work a day in my life.. It has never been a goal of mine to be super successfull. Sucess to me is having a family that I love and cherish.

I bottle up my emotions. It is hard for me to talk about my feelings to anyone. The person I most trust with my thoughts and hurts is Travis.

I hate confrontation, and avoid it at all costs. This is mostly because I am so bad with words and expressing myself and explaining myself, which is a direct result of the previous admittal.

Sometimes when I am really mad and trying to get mad at someone, My face smiles on me!! Stupid face. I guess I wasn't meant to get mad.

I try to get as much free stuff as I can out of my parents, well, my mom. Pretty greedy, isn't it? I should really work on that.

If someone tries to force me to, ie. mom or Trav, I hate apologizing. HAH this sounds bad, I usually apologize quite quickly! But if, for instance, Travis and I have an argument and I know I was in the wrong, and HE knows I was in the wrong, and wants me to say sorry, it is a hard task for me.

And the one I have almost fixed: I used to gossip a bit. I don't know why, whether I thought it made me cool or what, but I have since mended this problem. I still have the urge if someone is really bothering me, but I have been sooooo good lately!!! (If I do say so myself)

I should stop.. I hope you all had the patience to read this long post! It kinda got away on me. I feel as open as a book right now.

5 Comments:

Blogger nelly said...

Soooooooooo now I know for sure some of the stuff I suspected! seriously honey I'm worried about you . I know you miss Trav, But I wish you could go out and have some fun ! We all need fun too . I love You so much ,mom

10:42 p.m.  
Blogger Angella said...

I can see why Christy loves you guys so much :)

11:09 p.m.  
Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

You are so much like me it scares me. Right down to the two chin hairs. Only I'm never wrong so I don't have to apologize. HAH!

7:52 p.m.  
Blogger Joyce said...

I can't beleive your Mom still does your wash!!!! I quess if I only had Sean at home I would do the same.

6:25 p.m.  
Blogger Jen said...

Good to know a few of your "quirks". ;)

7:40 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home