Travis and Becky Fletcher: 2 more weeks

Saturday, November 26, 2005

2 more weeks

2 weeks of utter torture and frantic presantation making, studying, rendering, AutoCADing, researching, critiqueing, testing, more CADding, case studying, more testing, and more and more CADDING!! Did I mention a lot of autoCAD?? That is what my 2 weeks (and 2 days) looks like. After those 2 weeks, what looks like complete and utter FREEDOM!! but really isn't.

During the Holidays, I want to wedding plan it up!! I know next semester is going to be even crazier than this one, with the 3d studio VIZ class, 2 more studio classes (in which I will be designing a retail store AND an office, unlike this semester in which I designed one thing and that ate up most of my time), a stupid accounting class and... a business class. Why the heck do we have to take business and accounting? Personally, I am going to make loads of money and will hire my own accountants and business people, and still make an 8 figure income (yah right, miss stay at home mom in 3 years...or so) But still.. those classes are a waste of our time. Oh. I kinda got off topic. As usual.

OK. So as I was saying, I want to get lots of planning done seeing as next semester is going to be crazy busy, and then I only have a month in which to do last minute plans before the big day! So I need to look at invitations, confer with Travis, complete guest list, make sure Travis has completed his, confer with Travis on design of invitations, order invitations. Book appointment with florist, go to florist, confer with Travis on flowers, order flowers. Drive to calgary, peruse fabric store, talk to fabric ladies, buy fabric for bridesmaids dresses, drive back to lethbridge, make appointment with dressmaker, finalize design, get all bridesmaids measurements, get them to seamstress. what else? oh yah... Start looking for rentals, arches, columns, etc, confer with Travis, order rentals. Start figuring out addresses for 200 guests!!! Is this hard to do?? How long did this take you married ladies??

Planning aside, I want to do a whole lot else this "holiday". I want to visit Trav for at least a week, so that involved 20+ hours of driving, and then there's all the Christmas festivities, which I have to decide which family I am spending it with, and try not to insult the other side, and also spend as much time with Travis as possible while he's here.

And theeeeennn... Ski holiday!! YAY! This should be really fun, and I want to try and relax as much as I can while there. Even though I will be skipping the first day of school! Oh and speaking of which I need to buy all my supplies for somewhere during the "break". Ok. Enough venting. Thats my holiday.

P.S. Do you like my template?? It's finally done for now. Ignore the previous 2 posts. I suppose I could delete them.. but they are now a part of history. hah.

Becky OUT

7 Comments:

Blogger D said...

Becky, you need to delegate more to Travis. Then he can 'confer with Becky'. Trust me. Bridesmaids dresses, maybe not, columns, arches, table retals etc. guys can do.
Otherwise, sounds like so much fun! I miss wedding planning.

11:22 p.m.  
Blogger Becky said...

Oh I delegated, all right!! He is in charge of all the music so far. But you are right, he could do more. But since he is all the way in Fort McMurray he can't do too much. If he was here he would be a big help. He's a sweety. Thanks for the tip, Danica!

11:45 p.m.  
Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

I'LL SEE IF I CAN DIG MY OLD GUEST LIST OUT FOR YOU. ALTHOUGH THERE'S NO GUARANTEE THAT THE LIST IS EVEN CORRECT AFTER FIVE YEARS. PROBLY NOT.Sorry about the caps. I was't yelling I just had the caps lock on and was too lazy to turn it off.Let me know if I can help at all.

9:10 a.m.  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

personally, I enjoyed all of it. I didn't do very much delegating because, I will admit, that I was a bit crazy about how things were done... oops. Anyhow, I found that the time flew by and I had a lot of support at my wedding-preparation-parties, like seven of us making 360 invitations. It'll be great, just remember to not stress because your wedding day will be incredible, guaranteed!
~Elizabeth
P.S. I, also, miss wedding planning.

9:39 a.m.  
Blogger Stephanie and Brad said...

HHEEYY!! I get to officially do wedding planning now. SO EXCITED!! but I'm with you on the busyness. I get to plan a wedding NOT living at home, work two jobs and go to school...but oh well, it will be sooo worth. I'm going to need a lot of help. We'll have to swap wedding info!
steph

2:00 p.m.  
Blogger April said...

Hi Bec,

I really like the new look. It's easier on my eyes.

I enjoyed wedding planning a lot too. Kevin was living in the states at the time so I did most of the planning myself too. We invited over 300 people & the addresses for the guest list didn't take too long. Kevin's mom prepared their sides list for me & 411 on the internet has a lot of addresses too if you're unsure. I'm sure your mom is useful resource seeing as shes done weddings a few times now.

Bye. april

9:27 a.m.  
Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

Take advantage of mom. She basically singlehandedly planned our entire wedding in four months while I was living in Edmonton. Tell her what you want and she'll do it. Unless it costs to much money of course.

2:54 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home