Travis and Becky Fletcher: First Shower and First Place!

Friday, April 21, 2006

First Shower and First Place!

So lets start from the most recent of events.. Today we had our interior design showcase, in which we show our final projects from this year (spa and office), and industry professionals are invited to come and see our work. Not many professionals showed up (we sat around and talked the whole time, it was pretty quiet), so it was kind of a bust in that sense. But we were judged on our work, and guess what... I GOT FIRST PLACE for my office!! yay! I was totally not expecting that, but I am very pleased (of course!) So I got a nice frame for my diploma, and a certificate for winning! And I can put that on my resumee! It was kind of a sad day, because I won't see one of my best friends from the program (Lisa) again until the wedding! And I will only see the other girls briefly next monday and tuesday.. I'll really miss them all. Especially Lisa and Carolyn. The first picture is of most of the girls, and the second is of me with my winning project!

I haven't really blogged about it, but a couple weeks ago my Auntie Marg threw me my first wedding shower! She did an amazing job, she had tasty treats there, and we played fun games. Lots of my mom's sisters came out, and some of my friends. It was an amazing first shower. Thanks guys! Below is my maid of honour, Tiff and I... She's such a sweetie.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Congrats on the 1st place win! So exciting for you. :)

10:14 p.m.  
Blogger Jenessa Fowke said...

I am glad you are having so much fun - showers are awesome. The other day I went to make a cheesecake and I needed a springfoam pan. i wasn't sure if I had one. i looked around a bit and what do you know - I had one, from my wedding shower of course! Very useful little events!

1:10 p.m.  
Blogger D said...

Congrats on your win, and being done.
Your presentation looks so professional.

5:17 p.m.  
Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

Of course you won! That's no surprise! Wish I could have been at your shower. That would have been fun!
Love you!!

11:13 a.m.  
Blogger Angella said...

Good job on your presentation! No wonder Christy's so proud of you :)

1:52 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Becky!
Sorry I havn't replied sooner - Ive been busy moving and going to job interviews etc etc..I can't believe we're done either...so weird! I seeing everyone everyday, especially you and Carolyn! How are your wedding plans going and the move with Travis, and your million showers lol. You'll have to write me an email when you get time. PS i posted pics of grad and the exhibition on my site. Take care! - Lisa (www.elmoli.ca)

2:52 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... »

6:20 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home