Travis and Becky Fletcher: Basement Reno's

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Basement Reno's

The basement!! Since we forgot to take before pictures, just imagine the ugliest, darkest dungeon of an 80's basement imaginable. Dark wood panelling, fake brick, and bare bulb lighting. Got that image?? Ok now look on.
This is the living room. We chose white and what I like to call "contemporary white", which is basically off-white. It may be a little boring sounding, but it is just what the doctor (or designer in this case... me) prescribed(sp?). I think it is very fresh, bright, and airy.
This is the kitchen, well a corner in the kitchen. I didn't take a picture of the cupboards and appliances because we didn't change them. Still avacado green appliances and 80's dark oak cupboards. Can you hear the dissapointment in my voice? Oh and also the tiles in the kitchen which you can see are kinda sucky. But I can live with them, or rather, or rentor can live with them.
This is the bedroom, which has also been painted in the contemporary white and white. You can't really see them for the light, but there are new sconces on the wall which I really like. I love the pattern of light they cast on the wall. I think this room could use a bit of colour with a new bedspread... Thats my 2 cents.
And this is a work in progress. the bathroom. Mom here is just finishing removing the crazy blue wallpaper. We discovered mold under the lino and up the walls so dad is fixing that.
So how does this compare with the picture you had in your head??

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Becky!
Looks great!!!!! You did a fantastic job with the entire house!! Did you write down what you spent doing the entire house? You could add this to your portfolio, and be like " Yea.. I did this on a budget of___". Ps.. I like the contemporary white! Oh yea.. since Brodie and I cant find a house to buy yet (and REALLY want a place of our own) we are going to start renting a house i a couple of weeks! I will post pictures!!!! See you Becky!

7:48 a.m.  
Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

OH MY WORD!!! Is that seriously the same dumpy basement?! I WISH you had taken before pictures. The change is SO dramatic! Good job Becky! Well mostly mom and dad, right?
Looks like a very cute house now.

9:06 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great!! And you guys have a great space too - lots of room, which is nice :)

9:25 a.m.  
Blogger The Beer's said...

Hey Becky,
your place looks fantastic, and yet revonovations are nooo fun, at least not until they are done!It's funny because we've been married two years and I still don't have pictures up on our walls and no furniture in our main living room so you guys are doing great with only a few boxes in your office!!Keep on loving married life! TAlk to you soon!

8:20 p.m.  
Blogger Susan said...

Wow Becky...I think Darcen and I need to hire you to decorate our place! All the pictures are incredible!

12:47 p.m.  
Blogger Manda said...

That is like night and day. I remember going downstairs into the dungeon as I think you termed it. It was scary before and I felt like wearing a mask. That looks ways nicer. But I agree the bedroom needs some colour.

2:28 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home