Travis and Becky Fletcher: Some Days It Just Hits you..

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Some Days It Just Hits you..


I know it may sounds crazy, but some days, more than others, I feel like a WIFE. Some days, being married doesn't feel any different than before we were married. I think that this is just the way that Trav and I were meant to be. It sure took long enough, but here we are. Married.

Today Trav and I went to the grocery store, and we have to try and budget to save money, and make all sorts of compromises to get food that we both like and will both eat. When we were driving home, it hit me that I am never going to live with my parents again. I spent 21 years, 1 month and 3 days living at home with them, having my groceries bought for me, laundry done for me, a mommy to talk to every day. I was so blessed to spend that time with them, and the years before with my siblings.

Now Travis and I are starting our OWN family! No no no, not babies kind of family, but we are both separated from our parents and making a life of our own. I love it! Travis has turned out to be quite the hubby. It is so awesome to come home, and 10 minutes later have him come home and give me a big hug, and then for us to decide what to make for dinner. Our married life has been pretty laid back so far, other than work. It has been so nice to just relax with the two of us at night and adjust. I love that guy.

7 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

That time is precious, I agree! I'm glad that you are enjoying it!

10:33 a.m.  
Blogger nelly said...

yes ,but I miss you soooo much! I should have waited to quit work until I adjusted to you being gone.I'm so glad you're so happy!MOM

11:37 a.m.  
Blogger Jen said...

I'm glad you are happy Becky! Marriage is truly a blessing.

1:17 p.m.  
Blogger Manda said...

Yay! Sooo I was wondering - could I come and visit you guys around the time I go camping?? Let me know.

7:02 p.m.  
Blogger The Beer's said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:26 p.m.  
Blogger The Beer's said...

Hey Becky,

It looks like your wedding was incredible! Congrat! Your last post is so true. Most days I feel like Jeff and I are on a giant date and it's been so great. We have loved our "alone" time and I think that is so important for a marriage. We should totally get together and have a girls night or something.

PS. The dog it Jeff's moms and it's going home on Sunday!!

6:29 p.m.  
Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

i can't wait to see the two of you all married now.
Miss you guys!

8:55 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home