Travis and Becky Fletcher: Happy Birthday, Dustin!

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Happy Birthday, Dustin!

One month ago I could have said that Dustin is the best brother-in-law that I have. But now that I am married, I inherited another one so that just wouldn't be fair. In all honesty, Dustin is one of the greatest guys I have gotten to know. Besides my husband, that is. Since I met Dustin, he has always encouraged me in my walk of faith, and teaching me by example how a person of God lives. When Travis and I were reading our wedding cards, I wasn't surprised to find that the longest, most heartfelt letter in all of the cards was from Dustin. He is so good with words, and he has continued to encourage Travis and I in our marriage. As Christy wrote about him, he is so full of love and life, and it all emerges through his eyes. I'm sure I don't get the same kind of looks that she gets, but you can read all through those kind eyes. Dustin is an amazing photographer, and he took some amazing shots of us on our wedding day. He is a talented artist and writer, but he has put his dream career on hold to support his wonderful family. Dustin, I love you, and I just wanted to wish you a HAPPY 26th BIRTHDAY!!! (We don't have a long distance plan so we may not be able to call) LOVE YOU!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

Thanks Becca. HE loves you too. Isn't he great!?

8:52 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Becky, thank you so much. I have been so overwhelmed by all the encouragement I have gotten lately. You are so sweet. I feel kind of out place reading these wonderful words about me, almost like I am intruding on someone else's life. But I will say that I do love it, all this love, that is. It is wonderful to be a part of such a wonderful family. I am so rich.
I am so thankful for you, Becky. Ever since I first met you I have adored you as my little sister. I must say, that as you have grown into such a captivating woman I have felt a little unsure as how to love and protect you. Now that you are with Travis I feel so content and peaceful that you are safe with him, your heart and your beauty is safe with him. Thank you for taking time to say such amazing things about me. It means a lot, Becky, to know that you are thinking of me, and that Trav is, too. I miss you and love you both. I am so proud to be your brother.

-Dustin

4:34 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home