Travis and Becky Fletcher: My Parents

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

My Parents

Yesterday was my parents' 30th Wedding Anniversary! So I just wanted to take the opportunity to say congratulations to them. My parents have been wonderful examples to me. They have shown me the meaning of marriage, and how important those vows I said 2 months ago are. I felt so secure growing up, and was rest assured that my parents would always be together, no matter what trials we faced as a family, or what bumps we hit along the way. I know that with them as our example, Travis and I will be able to navigate our lives and our marriage along that same path of security and love. I just wanted to thank mom and dad for that. Dad's strong, silent nature has taught me the power of leading my life as an example for others. He is one of the most generous people I have ever met. Mom's just a little more vocal, and has she lives her life for God. I have never seen her falter in that sense. She has an inability to say no to helping the church, which means she keeps busy with VBS, she leads a women's bible study group, and helps with Library and many other tasks at church. She is just so giving. There are so many other things I could say about both mom and dad, but I could me writing forever. I am just so thankful for them.

I would also like to take this opportunity to say that we are really sucky kids. With parents that giving and generous, its surprising how ungrateful we act. Mom and Dad invited us out to dinner, reminding us of the occasion. Not to say that the intent wasn't there. We were planning on having a party for them, or buying a big gift all together, or at least remembering their day, but we all failed miserably. When we didn't plan anything for their 25th anniversary, we said we would do something extra special for their 30th. Well here's hoping their 31st or at least 40th isn't a bust! Sorry mom & dad for being sucks jerks! I love you!

3 Comments:

Blogger Manda said...

You are right, you're parents are awesome. I'm lucky to have them as in-laws. I forgot to. Oopsy. Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad!

4:48 p.m.  
Blogger nelly said...

thanks for that Becky, it means a lot. I love you all so much, and thanks for spending time with me yesterday! love always Mom

6:19 p.m.  
Blogger D said...

I've only seen them a few times but they have been a great example to me as well. Happy Anniversary guys!

9:14 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home