Travis and Becky Fletcher: Birthday Gifts!

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Birthday Gifts!

So I finally figured out what to get Travis for his birthday, and we went and got it yesterday at future shop. And it is... a new cell phone!! I don't know why I didn't figure it out before, since his was broken. So here is the new shiny baby!
Our first priority was to get him one with an internal antena, since that is always the first thing that breaks, with his phone always in his pocket. It's fancy-schmancy and he loves it. Yay! And since I didn't spend as money as I had expected, I helped mom get his this:

Its a tent, obviously, and we got some other camping gear as well, like a blow-up mattress, a camping stove, and all that fun stuff. This stuff will definately come in handy since we are going camping this weekend!! We are leaaving on Friday, his birthday, and staying until monday for the long weekend. And since we are all slackers and just decided recently that we are going camping, we have no spots reserved for the big long weekend. Wish us luck finding a spot? We are going to need it. We are going with Trav's friends Justin and Eric, and Justin's girlfriend Mandy. And we are very excited.

In other exciting news, Travis FINALLY got a haircut!! Yes, it was almost a month ago that I blogged about him needing a haircut (I think), and yes, it just finally happened yesterday. He waited so long that it was no londer just a trim, so I didn't feel like I could tackle it, so he went to an actual hairdresser. It almost turned out disastrous though! We went to a cheap place that tries to put through as many customers in a day to make more money, so the hairdresser was in a big rush. (Even though it was a slow day and there were no customers waiting, and the other 5 hairdressers were sitting in their chairs yacking to each other.) So he gets his hair washed, and when he just tilted his head up for a second to look at me she said "I'm not done yet!" He was like.... ok?! and leaned his head back down.. No friendly chatting or anything, all business. Then when he sat in the chair she grabbed the buzzer and went to town on his head!!! It was the fastest buzzing job on the sides and back I have ever seen!! She wasn't even looking where she was going, it was rediculous! At that moment I was ready to get mad and walk out, but he had a bit of a mushroom cut at the time. Not nice. Anyway she finally relaxed and made a bit of small talk and actually took her time finishing up his head so it turned out alright. Not the best haircut, but alright. Better than it was before, anyway. Not nearly as nice as when Vic does it. Speaking of Vic, I get a free cut and colour!! I'm going to be a hair model for her in October, so I get to have a free cut and colour! Yay! I need it so bad, and I am so sick of my hair right now. I'm going to go really dark, but not black, just dark brown. I always love my hair for way longer when it is dark. When I have blonde streaks in it, like now, I get sick of it really fast. Like now. And I'm getting it shorter than I have in quite some time, to just below my shoulders. I don't think I can wait another 2 months!!

I have been looking at dogs online all week, and it turns out I have really expensive taste. I wasnt a Yorkshire Terrier sooo bad, but they are all about $1500-$2000 and up. I just might have to give up on that dream. And barely any of them sell with breeding rights, which is what I would like to do in a few years when we have kids. And the ones that do sell them for extra, and you have to make them Champions first, and take them to a whole bunch of shows and stuff. I guess we will have to see what comes up. I think we are just too poor to have a fancy purebred dog right now. But they are sooo sooo soo cute, and have awesome temperments. It may take me a while to give up on that dream.

We finally ordered our wedding print, we have been taking over 2 months deciding, and walking into our photographers studio, we were still undecided. We asked her proffessional opinion, and she liked both picks too. We both had our hearts set on a particular photo, and wouldn't budge. My choice was a bit more artistic, it was one where we were walking away from the camera down a path, and there are huge trees towering over us. It is just such a nice shot, and it looks so romantic, we are holding hands and looking at each other smiling. Walking into our future as husband and wife. Trav's choice is one along a pickett fence, we are kinda leaning against it, me leaning into him, and looking at the camera. I liked how the fence faded into the background, and at least you can see my whole dress. It is a nice shot too, none of them were bad. It was my second choice, but not a close second. Travis couldn't even understand why I would want the one I did. So I finally caved and we got his choice.. What the heck is with that?? I'm the bride, by the way. I have been dreaming of this day since i was in diapers.... You just showed up! I mean.. I'm not resentful at all. But Travis said he would get me my choice someday.. AND HE WILL.

I'm buying slipcovers for our sofas tomorrow at work, and I am excited. They are going on sale, and they are so cheap that even if we only use them for 6 months and then get new furniture, they will have served their purpose. Speaking of work, I better get to sleep so I won't be too tired tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

Hey Becky!

I was sorta bored one day and was looking up blogs and wondered if you guys had one. And to my surprise, yes! (I'm not a stalker of any kind.. haha). You guys sound like you are settleing in nice. Married life is pretty great eh? I'll talk to you later!

Courtney

10:58 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home