Travis and Becky Fletcher: Birthdays and Camping

Monday, September 04, 2006

Birthdays and Camping

I didn't write anything about Travis on his birthday because I was too busy spending time with him. Travis and I went camping with some friends of ours for the long weekend and had an awesome time. It was my first camping trip without parents! It was really fun camping as newlyweds. We went to Cataract Creek, south of Banff and Peter Lougheed Park. Since it was mostly boys there we went for bike rides, hikes, and Geo-caching. And, since it was mostly boys, our fires were usually over our heads and spilling over the tiny fire pit. Check our flickr site for pictures. The nights were cold, but my hubby did a wonderful job cuddling me and keeping me warm at night, especially last night when I had to keep venturing out into the cold since I was sick. Dumb IBS.
I could write a long, wordy post about how great my husband is, because he really is amazing, but he doesn't read this anyway so I will tell him in person instead. I'll save that post for another day when I'm feeling particularly talkative. He loves his new birthday cell phone.
In other news, we are on the lookout for a puppy!! I'm not sure what kind yet, you all know my dream in a Yorkshire Terrier, but we are too poor for that one. Someday. But we are going to keep checking the Pet Stores for a small baby girl! And I got slip-covers for our couches!! Here's the Before and After: (remember, the slipcovers still need to be ironed.)

4 Comments:

Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

Nice! Now all you have to do is get rid of those hideous curtains.

4:54 p.m.  
Blogger Manda said...

I like the slipcovers! We tried those but found they looked crappy on the type of couches we had. Those look really good though. I bet your glad. I'm glad that camping went good. Enjoy your time with Trav. Once you start having kids it will be hard to remember what it was like not to have kids. Hope work is going well!
Love you lots!

9:12 p.m.  
Blogger Courtney said...

Your living rooms looks pretty good. Someone made a comment about your curtains looking hideous. Aren't they they new ones from the IKEA catalogue? I think they look pretty good. But then again, I am not an Interior Designer! haha. Your place looks really nice. I will be posting some before pics of our place before we start painting.

10:34 p.m.  
Blogger Susan said...

I like the curtains too. :)

8:40 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home