Travis and Becky Fletcher: Day Off = Good Wife

Monday, September 11, 2006

Day Off = Good Wife

So I finally had a day off today, and I finally did some wifey duties, like cleaning. Since we went camping on my last 2 days off, I haven't had a day at home in almost three weeks, which means the house hasn't been cleaned in almost 3 weeks. It felt SO GOOD to actually clean. (I never thought I would say that) I know a lot of people come home from an 8 hour day of work and actually clean up after themselves and their husbands so the mess doesn't pile up, but I haven't mastered that yet. I prefer to binge-clean. That way you are really motivated and it makes a big difference! So I did about 2 loads of dishes (well the dishwasher did), vaccumed, mopped, cleaned the bathroom, laundry, and wiped almost every surface in our house, getting rid of inches of cat hair. I even checked Trav's pockets this time doing the laundry. Apparently boys stash all sorts of things in their pockets like receipts and stuff. New to me.

So there was an ad in the paper today for Chihuahua puppies, which isn't our first choice, but close, so I phoned the lady to get some information, I asked the price, and then I asked what size they were, toy, teacup or regular, and she had NO IDEA what I was talking about! She didn't know they came in different sizes!! I think these may be the same people I saw selling Chihuahuas on the side of the road a couple months ago. They are Mexican Mennonites (nothing against them) and they import these dogs from Mexico.... So I nicely told her that I would have to think about it and call her back later. Now I know $650 is a good deal for Chihuahuas, but not if you have no idea what you are getting!! So the search continues.

We bought an accordian filing thingy today, which also helped cut down the piles of crap in our house. Now our bills are organized and not in random piles on our dining table and office.

I can't wait to get our wedding print back! Should be under 2 weeks now! And for you guys who were in our wedding party, your gift should be done soon! We really shouldn't have picked out gifts that need to be assembled after the wedding, with both of us being the biggest procrastinators ever.

2 Comments:

Blogger Manda said...

I try not to leave the cleaning till the last minute but kids are seriously like tornadoes that leave a path of destruction behind them so it is almost impossible to clean until they have gone to bed. Last night I finally mopped my floor then my stupid dog dragged his muddy paws on it this morning.

9:35 a.m.  
Blogger Courtney said...

Hey Becky,

We will be home on Saturday. We are free if you guys want to meet somewhere and hangout. Just give us an e-mail if its a yay or nay. Talk to you later!

8:59 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home