Travis and Becky Fletcher: WE GOT A PUPPY!!!!!

Sunday, October 08, 2006

WE GOT A PUPPY!!!!!

YAY!!! Christy, Trav and I went to Calgary yesterday to finally load up on MY stuff at Ikea.. well I guess Trav's and my stuff, but anyway... And Christy had to come too to exchange Megans sheets for the right size. We had an awesome drive together, I realised how much I really am like my sister, even though we rarely see each other. We kept saying the same thing at the same time etc. etc. I love her. And on the way back we looked at some puppies!! The first place we stopped at had some Bijon Frise cross Yorkies, and they were pretty cute, but they looked pretty Mutt-ish, and skragly(sp), and I just didnt like the idea of not knowing what they would look like when they grew up. Travis was SO SURPRISED that I was able to say no to some cheap puppies! He thought they were pretty cute. So then further down the road, in Clareholm we stopped and saw some Yorkies. And I saw them before we even stepped in the door and just KNEW that it was the right one for me. I knew I would have that feeling. Like meeting Travis for the first time... You just know, you know? So we fell in love with this little girl:

Hard to believe, but she is EVEN CUTER in person. She has been the best puppy EVER, even though we have only had her for a day. She slept so quietly and nicely on our bed last night, didnt even make a peep. And I was greeted with puppy kisses this morning. We left her in the bathroom while we were in church, but she somehow climbed on her kennel and then into the bathtub and couldn't get out! So she was cold and wet when we got home! I felt so bad. So we went to Petland and got her a little fence thing to keep her somewhat contained while we are gone to work. My cousin Angella got us an amazing discount!

Anyway, we need your help. We can't think of a name!! We had kinda called her Carly yesterday, but as I was falling asleep last night I just wasn't feeling it. Sounds too much like Carl. Some other options are Emma, Bailey (except then we would be copying April), oh, and Christy put in a suggestion that Travis loves and I HATE.... Puddin'.... as in Yorkshire Puddin'... As in PUD for short.. YUCK!! So we are really at a loss... Any suggestions?? I want something girly, not too long, and Trav seems to prefer the names that end in a Y. And the reward if you suggest the best name?? Satisfaction and pride. And having our little girl named that name. Name away!!

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She IS cute!!

Bailey is a cute name, but if you don't want that one...how about...

Daisy?

2:36 p.m.  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Daisy is pretty good, Angella...
How about Viper (haha, jut jokin')
Tally?

4:08 p.m.  
Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

Yeah, I'm not too keen on PUD either. But, you know Dad will always call her that. ALways. I do like Daisy. Very sweet. And Emma is still pretty cute.

5:16 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kami?

lucy?

puppy? :)

5:25 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dad says you should call your her Nelly. he he he. Just kids (but he did say that) You could call her Molly or Heidi?

9:02 p.m.  
Blogger Becky said...

Nice suggestions! I really am liking Daisy! I'm trying it on for size right now.. But keep them coming!

10:09 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ruby

10:19 a.m.  
Blogger April said...

You can name her Bailey if you want. I don't mind. Its a great name & its not like they'll hang out in person or anything. She is adorable. The first day I had to leave Bailey at home alone while we went to work, I cried. It was so hard on my heart to leave him when he was so small. You're really going to enjoy her.

10:32 a.m.  
Blogger shareen said...

I love lucy for dogs, two of my friends had puppies named lucy...or there's gracie, callie, sadie, abby, sophie. I have a firm belief that dog names have to have two syllables--for some reason they just don't seem to work any other way, if they have more or less you just make up nicknames that have two anyways! But she is adorable and I know you'll find the perfect name. :)

12:05 p.m.  
Blogger Courtney said...

i like scarlett. my moms dog is named rhett butler. and if she got a girl dog, it would be named 'scarlett'.

4:30 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about tooty?
Or macy?
Or francesca?

I have no clue. :)
She's really cute, though!

5:25 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sadie

7:09 p.m.  
Blogger Becky said...

Do you guys like Chloe??

7:35 p.m.  
Blogger Robyn deGroot said...

what a cute puppy!!! I like Lucy, smudge, or cookie

7:23 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home