Travis and Becky Fletcher: How lucky am I?

Friday, November 24, 2006

How lucky am I?


Tonight when I was done work (waay later than extected, Christmas shoppers are CRAZY), I walked out to Travis waiting patiently in the van with Chloe and Kita. Why a VAN? Well, this is the not so lucky portion of this post. For over a month now, the starter has been going on my car. As in, sometimes I sit there for about 10 minutes trying to start my car. So, about a week ago we took it to the farm for Trav and his dad to replace the starter. Sounds relatively simple, right? So they took out the old one, put in a new one, and then...... Nothing. It sounded like the starter was working.. but something else had gone wrong. So they worked on it for hours trying to figure out what the heck happened. Nothing. So Trav's dad took it to a mechanic and they worked on it this whole week, and NOTHING... Nobody can figure out what the heck is wrong. So now it's at a dealership. Can you say $$$$? But I feel bad for Trav's dad. He spent days trying to get it to work. And I know its nothing he did, because he knows his stuff. So if you are reading this, THANKS, DAD! I really appreciate all that. But now they (Mom & Dad in-law) are on their way to New York and then on a cruise!!! To the Western Carribean, I think. And my parents are coming home from Hawaii tomorrow! They are so lucky.

As I was saying..... I am so lucky to have the husband that I have! Trav is so understanding, and patient, and giving, and so many other things. It's been amazing, even if I haven't said it that often. I have a great life, even with a car in the shop and a job in retail. Speaking of which, I do like my job, for a retail job. But as far as that goes, I still feel embarrased when people ask me how work is going, or when they see me at work. I can just sense them thinking.. "doesn't she have a diploma?" And I know I shouldn't care what they think, or maybe its just because that is what I think sometimes too. But its temporary. Come April life as we know it will change forever.

Life is Good.

2 Comments:

Blogger Manda said...

Perhaps it is your own attitude making you paranoid of others. Is that how you look at people working in retail? Don't worry about it. I'm sure people appreciate actually having someone knowledgeable to run things by when they are shopping. Too often you are in a store and ask someone for help and they know absolutely nothing! They are lucky to have you!

7:23 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's happening in April?

4:36 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home