Travis and Becky Fletcher: I'm a wuss.

Monday, November 27, 2006

I'm a wuss.

So I took Chloe in to the Vet to get her 3rd set of boosters. This was the first time I have taken her in. She was SO GOOD!! She didn't make a peep once when they took her temperature with a thermometer that probably went halfway up her body, from the back end of course. She sat nice and still while they looked in her eyes, ears, and felt her intestines. She didn't even flinch when they gave her 2 big needles. I am a very sympathetic person. If anyone is in any pain or if I even think they are in pain, I feel for them. So it got real hot in that exam room. I did have my winter coat on, but it kept getting hotter. So when we got back to the waiting room I had to sit with my head between my legs. I almost fainted. I am SO GLAD that I decided against becoming a nurse. I can't even watch my puppy get shots! So after a bit of sitting I felt better (although very embarrased in front of the whole waiting room) and all was fine. Its funny, I have come thisclose to fainting so many times, but I always catch myself in time to sit and let the feeling pass. SUCH a wuss. They offered to take her in without me next time. Next time will be in a year so maybe I'll have toughened up by then. We could take her in in a month or two to get her spayed, but we are planning to breed her so thats out. Lots of research on that to come.

P.S. She's 5 lbs 15 ounces. I think she'll grow to be about 8 lbs.
P.P.S. I just put her in that pink sweater, and its pretty tight.. but still oh-so cute.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lowell & Julie said...

Despite the near fainting situation, I'm sure you'd still make a good nurse. Carlynne fainted at the PARTY program in grade 9, and now she's in her 3rd year of medicine doing a surgery rotation...and she's fine!
J

PS- Those cookies look nummers.

8:45 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is so cute! i would be like that with my dog for sure. and that pink sweater you have for her is so cute!

12:29 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you ordered the cd? i wasn't sure if she was still doing that. it is probably too late for me. those are just my images scanned. i have to re-scan a few because there was some lint on the scanner. i would love to buy that cd because the quality would be way better

8:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home