Travis and Becky Fletcher: You better bring your appetite

Saturday, January 27, 2007

You better bring your appetite

We (the Vriend clan) are going to Golden in6 sleeps!! I was put in charge of baking, so I started that today. I made some Yummy Oatmeal Toffee Crunchies that I told you about back in November, and some frozen peanut butter cheesecakes. These definately in my top ten favorite snacks/ desserts. I'm so excited to see all of my family again, all together. It's becoming quite rare to get us all in one room now.

And for those Anonymous commenters on my last post, here is a bit about our wedding:
  • My dress is a Maggie Sottero design, although it is now discontinued. I got it in Calgary.
  • I was very blessed with photography at our wedding. My Uncle Arie and my Brother-in-law Dustin took beautiful candid shots, and Shutterbug Photography took our professional shots. Although she now moved to Kelowna and someone else has taken over her business here in Lethbridge.
  • I was in love with my flowers. Flare'N Flowers in Picture Butte did them, and I would DEFINATELY reccomend them to anyone in the Lethbridge area. I just wish I had remembered to ask someone to hang and dry them while I was on our Honeymoon... I miss them.
  • As for thank-you cards, my Maid of Honour recorded all the gifts we received at our showers, and who gave them, and we did the same when we opened our wedding gifts. I had a list of addresses of everyone who was invited to our wedding online with our account at www.weddingchannel.com.
  • Speaking of www.weddingchannel.com , I would definately reccomend getting an account there. It was so useful for getting ideas, And most of all for setting and keeping a budget with their budget calculator. And also for keeping track of the guest list, and invitations and thank-you's sent. Oh and also the Planning Checklist. It's nice to be sure you are on track and are not missing any of the big things.

  • And Susan, I don't know if I have any design tips. I don't think design can really be generalized, I think each space is unique and needs different treatment. I am really inspired by the show "Design Inc". I personally prefer lighter, more neutral walls and open, airy spaces. But I also appreciate dark colour schemes... Its just not what I would use in my house. I can't wait until I can design and build (not personally build of course) our own house someday. After school I wasn't too sure if I had picked the right career for me.... I guess I was just kinda sick of all the school assignments. But now I can't wait to get into the real workforce.. Retail will do that to you, I guess.

2 Comments:

Blogger Manda said...

Baby says yum!!!!

8:08 p.m.  
Blogger nelly said...

have you heard from any of the jobs you applied for ? personally I hope you get a job in lehbridge, cause I would love , love it, if you stayed here. so selfish I know

1:50 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home