Travis and Becky Fletcher: My Makeshift Room

Sunday, October 30, 2005

My Makeshift Room



This is my new room. Lovely, isn't it? We are getting new carpet in two weeks, so dad has decided that we have to move all my stuff out of my room NOW!!!! Why 2 weeks before you ask? Well, for one, my dad is crazy. If he wants to do something, it should be done YESTERDAY. I remember moving into this house 6 or so years ago, and about a month in, mom and dad started talking about building a new deck out back. the NEXT DAY dad had ripped out the old deck, and pretty well had plans for the new deck. Construction finished within.. 2 weeks, I would say. Every sunday morning, Dad insists on leaving half an hour early for church, even though church is only 10 minutes away. Mom ends up having to sit all by herself, the very first person in church. (Wonder why I go to E-Free?? haha just kidding.) Anyway, so dad figured that my stuff had to be moved to the basement so he could rip out the carpet in my room. I hate basements. They are so dark, no windows, I'm always afraid a fire will start and I won't have a window to jump out of or climb out of. Somehow, mom convinced him to move my stuff into the guest room upstairs instead of down there. THANKS, MOM! One small problem: There's no carpet in the guest room, since dad ripped it out a few days ago (starting to see the anal-ness?). So my stuff is kinda strewn about the middle of the room. I'm afraid I might step on those tack strips along the walls. On the bright side, (literally) ITS NOT THE BASEMENT!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

Ugh, dad is SO anal. I forgat the extent of it. I think it's funny but I'm a province away, and I have carpet in my room.

1:58 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home