Travis and Becky Fletcher: The Greatest Gift from God

Saturday, October 15, 2005

The Greatest Gift from God

The is Rebecca Nicole Vriend (soon to be Fletcher!). I just want to take the time to outwardly show my deep love and appreciation for the girl of my dreams. We both first "officially" met one night just over 3 years ago. Justin, Eric (Justin will be my best man, and Eric and Derek will also be groomsmen), and I were cruisin up the strip like we'd done thousands of times before. :) Seeing one of our friends Kristin (who is getting married to my friend Shane Schooten) was with Becky at IGA parking lot. So we whipped in there to chat. Little did I know that I would be meeting the girl who I was going to marry 3.5 years later! I asked them if they wanted to come in the Lethbridge parade with me to sit in one of the hot tubs. Both of them said yes and were really excited! I got on the ball asking more people to come parading with us, however, the day before the parade everyone was busy! So as it turns out only one of my friends Ashley, Becky and I showed up. We had a blast tho! And I was very very interested in getting to know Becky as a good friend...

2.5 years later we got engaged! As you can see from the pic, no ring on Becky's finger yet. However, it was only about 10 minutes after this that I asked for her hand in marriage! So her finger feels no more lonesomeness. Check out Becky's post to read about our engagement. Rebecca is the greatest gift to me from God. She truely is the woman of my dreams. I love how she's always smiling and cheerful, even when its hard to be. I always try to make her laugh or smile; that is if I'm not gaming... ;) hehe. She has beautiful, what we call "poop colored" eyes! But it's just a joke; I love her brown eyes, seeing as everyone in my family has blue eyes. We've had several discussions around the probablility of our kids having blue or brown eyes, but we've concluded it's 50:50. She's has beautiful long brown hair and an amazing body! ;) She's so much fun to be around and has such a radiance of love, both for me her family and God. She is amazingly smart (along with a very good memory) and always makes me laugh and smile. Becky brings so much light and excitement into my life. I truely could not be with anyone else. It is amazing to see how God has astounded me yet again, to allow me the opportunity to take this beautiful woman in marriage. I am so excited for the life we have ahead of us! Becky thank you for all thing wonderful things you have done and brought into my life. You have taught me many things and important lessons. I can't believe I'm the guy who has this wonderful opportunity to be with you; what did I do to deserve you?! :) It's so hard being away from you for this year while I'm working up north, but time if flying by, and our wedding is coming quickly! (I can account to this as Becky informed me of all the things we HAVE to do in the next 2 months!) lol. Sweety thanks for writing such wonderful blogs about me, and sorry I havn't posted sooner. You know me, blogging just isn't my cup of tea... WOW is... hahaha. ;) I love you with all my soul, heart, mind and strength, and look forward to the day when we can be together forever. I love you...

Your fiance,
Eganwp... I mean Travis! hehe

5 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

Thanks, sweety!! That means so much to me!! I love you so much. I think you made me out to be better than I am, though! I think you just made the decision about us writing part of our vows, sweety!! You ARE good with words!! Love you!!

7:25 p.m.  
Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

Awwwwww!!! Travis loves Becky. And we love that Travis loves Becky and that Becky loves Travis and we love Becky and Travis too. There's alot of love happening here guys.

8:42 p.m.  
Blogger Becky said...

Can you feel the love?? mom?

10:03 p.m.  
Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

LOL!!!

8:45 a.m.  
Blogger Manda said...

oh my goodness I'm cryin! Travis you sweetie! We are all so lucky that you are going to be part of this family. If your vows are half as good as that you guys will have to make kleenex boxes as your centerpieces.

9:13 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home