Travis and Becky Fletcher: A little about our trip.

Friday, March 02, 2007

A little about our trip.

Well, I think I have said this already, but we had a great time. Most of my pictures are of the scenery along the drive, because my camera was handy and we saw some amazing sights. I didnt take my camera to Disneyland since it is a little bulky and I didnt want to risk damaging it or losing it. That would make me cry.

On the way down we stopped at Bryce Canyon, which was gorgeous. Kind of like the hoodoos at Writing on Stone. We also saw the Grand Canyon at sunrise. This was a highlight for me. Although freezing, it was still amazing to see God's amazing creation at its finest. I felt a little hopeless behind the lense. There was no way to even begin to capture that beauty. But I tried anyway. Us girls in the van were pretty much gassed out by the guys. Seriously, I have never smelled so much gas. Except for maybe chili night at Golden. Take that and spread iy over 3 days and confine it in a minivan. Yeah. Not so nice. Travis and Derek were pretty rowdy sometimes. I was surprised that there were so few fights. It was so enjoyable and I really felt like family. Not that I didn't already.

L.A. is huge. We stayed at the LemonTree. It's a cute hotel in Anaheim, about a 5 minute drive from Disneyland. We spent three days at Disneyland/ California Adventure with hopper passes. I didn't remember too much from when I was 3, but it was so nice to start new memories with Trav. I was a little hesitant at first, because I have gotten sick on fair rides and wasn't too sure what to expect. (I puked just walking off the gravatron once a few years ago) But the rides at Disneyland do not even compare. I loved the Tower of Terror and California Screamin'. But they were all good. We also went to Knotts Berry Farm one day. I loved the skit, and most of the rides. Although they have one wooden style roller coaster..... It was little rough. Actually A LOT ROUGH. Our brains were rattled out of our ears. They should have Advil dispensers as you come off the ride.

We left for Deal or No Deal with an hour and a half to spare. With the L.A. traffic it took us 2 hours to get there. Our tickets said we had to arrive an hour before the show. A long line-up waited outside the gates and we proceeded to the back of the line. Tanya marched right up to the cecurity guards at the front and showed them our tickets and they ushered us right in. Howie Mandel is hilarious. He is not prompted for any of his jokes. But no, he does not know all of the model's names. Those are on the prompter. We were at the taping of an episode where they finish with one contestant and start with another. The first lady was doing so well (Debbie Montgomery), but then she got greedy and went one too far and walked away with 1/4 of the money she was last offered. The second guy was pretty funny. I forget his name but he was like a big kid, a chubby black teddy bear of a guy who danced it up. Quite hilarious, you have to watch. It will probably air on the first wednesday in April. SO keep your eyes peeled for us!! We are in the first row above the entrance where howie and the contestants walk in.

The rest of the trip was uneventful. We stopped in Vegas for a total of about a 1/2 hour on the way back. We stayed at the same hotel south of Salt Lake City that we had on the way down, and the Hotel manager remembered us. In fact he asked the two boys to keep the noise down. Brothers.

Check out the pictures!!! ------------>

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what type of camera do you have?

9:25 a.m.  
Blogger Susan said...

I'm glad you had such a good trip..your pictures are beautiful(especially the one with the tree on the edge of the canyon)!

11:49 a.m.  
Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

Your pictures really are great! I LOVE the one with the twisty tree in front of the canyon. I think I might steal it and edit it and frame one! Don't worry I'll give you the credit.
:)
Love you!

3:21 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home