Travis and Becky Fletcher: Things that go bump in the night

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Things that go bump in the night

So I was fast asleep last night, and it was about 12:30. I felt something jump down (Toby, he sleeps on our headboard), and my head got pushed into the pillow. Ouch. That kinda hurt, he usually jumps beside my head. Oh well, too tired to get mad at him. I'll try to go back to sleep. Why do I taste blood? And why does my cheek hurt so bad? I'll just suck on my lip for a while, he must have hit it with his claws jumping down. Blood tastes gross. And my cheek feels cut too. Roll over groggily, turn on bedside light. Try to adjust my eyes, look at my face in the mirror. Yikes. Toby really cut my face and lip! So I jump out of bed to show Travis (who was playing WOW at the time) and he laughs. Histerically. I cleaned out the cuts with hydrogen peroxide and went back to bed. It doesn't look too bad today, but there was some explaining to do.

That story sounded pretty dramatic, and I know I kinda jumped around from first person to past and future tense, but I don't really feel like fixing it. I'm too hungry and grumpy today. I was going to post a picture of the damage but my camera died. Maybe I'll update later. I remember now what it was like to have Gismo, the scratch-happy kitty of my childhood. (I admit it, I was definately an Elvira, from looney toones)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OUCH! Hope it heals fast :)

10:50 p.m.  
Blogger Manda said...

You see, cats bad!!!! Dogs good!!!!
Other people's cats good. Travis is a meany! I wouldn't have laughed at you. What a jerk!

8:31 a.m.  
Blogger Manda said...

Travis knows i'm kidding about the last remark right - he's not a jerk all the time just when he laughs at his injured wife.

Anywho, I emailed you to beccapocca the wedding book I was telling you about. :-)

Love yah

7:32 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home