Travis and Becky Fletcher: Silly silly puppy...

Friday, March 30, 2007

Silly silly puppy...


When the weather is as nice as it has been the last couple of days, we like to take Chloe for walks, especially around Henderson Lake, since it is so close. So last night we did just that. We have Nikita right now since mom is visiting Dan, Amanda, Joshua, Cadence and, NEW BABY JOSEPH!!! YAY! Congrats Dan & Amanda! And dad is gone to Edmonton for "family meetings". The fact that we have Nikita is kind of beside the point, but she was on the walk too. Right now, there are SO MANY CANADA GEESE, especially around the lake. Chloe is SO outgoing, and was pulling on the leash the whole time trying to go meet and play with them and all the people and other dogs. I was getting kind of sick of all this pulling to we went onto the little "island", which is more of a peninsula, on the lake where there were no people so I thought I could let go of the leash for a minute and let her walk around on there for a bit. Well, I thought wrong. She saw 2 geese out of the corner of her eye, and before I could stop her she LUNGED INTO THE LAKE! (for those of you who do not live in Lethbridge, Henderson Lake is a small, man made lake which usually has a bit of a greenish hue to it)... And she started swimming after these two geese! She hates baths so I never would have figured she would run so easily into the lake.. let alone know how to swim... luckily this comes naturally to dogs. Anyway, I yelled at her to come, and a few feet into the water she realised what she was doing and turned around and swam back to me. Turns out these 2 geese were about to be mommy and daddy geese and were protecting a nest because the were hissing at her (and us), and looked about ready to kill us. So I snatched her out of the icky water and we ran away. And then laughed the entire way home, saying, "Can you beleive she did that???" She just really caught us off guard. But now that she didn't die, we love the story. Serves her right to walk all the way home wet. Trouble is that she is even more intrigued by the geese now and wants to see them more....
I would post a picture of her, but my laptop's hard drive crashed and ate all my pictures of her:( sure wish I had backed up recently!

2 Comments:

Blogger The Beer's said...

Congrats on being an auntie again...and you puppy sounds crazy!

3:59 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A boy! When Christy was over the other day Amanda was in labour...

Funny puppy :)

3:17 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home